Monday, July 2, 2012

summer school

This summer, I'll be doing an intensive comparative study of four books: two doctrinal (Catechism of the Catholic Church and Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah), one religious literature (Rumi's Say I Am You), and one religious criticism (Peter L. Berger's The Sacred Canopy). The end result of this study will be an essay that outlines my understanding of the function of religion in a postmodern world. This essay will serve as a literary prologue to my Christological performance piece, "Worde". I will also be continuing my study of Biblical Hebrew. (And even though I'm not technically "studying" it, I am picking up a good deal of Klingon working on this Shakespeare stuff) Onwards and upwards, out of our caves and into learning. Y.Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment